FIELDS BEYOND THE KNOWN
Music for the Inner Journey
Japanese Shakuhachi Flute and Drum
by Alan Roth
Let the music draw you in...
take a journey to a deep place of healing and self reflection...
Sacred musical space...the space between the notes, mirrors the space between our thoughts.
A reflection of the void upon which the meditators universe sits.
With influences ranging from the music of Japan, India and the passion of the 'blues', this CD is a musical journey like no other. 3 years travel and study in Asia and 30+ years as a guitarist / songwriter, help to create this unique fusion of styles and sound.
Featuring legendary LA keyboardist/Soundscapist Ben Dowling and co-produced by Kit Thomas
What people are saying...
- "...absolutely beautiful! Your shakuhachi playing is really excellent..."
Svante Henryson - World renowned Composer, Cellist, Bassist. (Sweden). Musician for Stevie Wonder, Ryan Adams, Elvis Costello, Steve Gadd, Yngwie Malmsteen...
- "Exquisite! Absolutely beautiful in every aspect..."
K. Thomas - Music, Film & TV Producer, Musician, Emmy Award winner, Oscar Nominee.
- "... a fabulous meditation. Alan K's multi-dimensional muse is sure to engage and entertain you."
Harold H. Bloomfield, M.D. - Multiple N.Y. Times Bestselling Author
- "...exquisite music...creates a soulful and mesmerizing oasis....the sweet ambiance of serenity and depth are perfect for yoga, massage or meditation practice."
Jennifer Bonadio- Int'l Yoga Instructor (E-RYT500), Licensed Massage Therapist, Anatomy-Meditation Instructor (Hawaii)
- "This is absolutely beautiful and ridiculously powerful...its really amazing!"
Dina Fanai - Composer, Producer, Singer-Songwriter, Artist Development (NYC)
- "I was very surprised at how different it is from other chakra "music" and I like it very much! Interestingly the backdrop drone is somehow the glue that holds it all together for me. I think it is in some way grounding and a deep physical vibration like when you can hear the universe in the silence. It connects the inner body and free flying spirit, like a safety tether when you go free floating in space. The other thing I noticed is how deeply relaxing it is, which is vital to open chakras. The first time I used it I went into deep relaxation until realized it was 4th track. Other times I could remain more conscious of the composition and effect on breath, body and energy. I've also used it as background while working...it is effective in keeping my vibration steady and energy focused. Thank you!! Your work is unique and powerful !!!"
Linda Honda - NPO community organizer (Oahu)
- "Your CD is stunning..."
Sumeria Sky - Singer/Songwriter (Hawaii)
- ".....sounds spacious.......like you're on a ledge overlooking a vast canyon.....good stuff!"
J. Philip Thomas - Artist, Musician, Designer- 'Tarota Paris' creator (Maui)
- "...your CD, I have played it many times - it is absolutely beautiful - so relaxing and transcendental."
Mary D. - Spiritual Guide (USA)
- "I love it!"
Naina Dewan - CSW, Dance Instructor, Alexander Technique Practitioner (NYC/SC)
- "...received your CD a while back and have been listening to it ever since. It's really wonderful. You have a deep understanding of your flutes.
A deep bow..."
Perry Yung - Shakuhachi Master Craftsman, Musician and Artist (NYC)
- "So beautiful..."
Chelleigh Starfish - Vocalist/Performance Artist
This music is a companion to the novel
also by Alan Roth